Sunday, September 12, 2010

Graduate School Blues

No, I'm not in school. And I don't currently have the blues.

But over the last few months there have been times when I've felt like a depressed graduate student. The strange thing about this Festival (that is the New York Musical Theater Festival) is that there are times when I feel like I've been accepted into an institution full of wonderful people, all extremely friendly and helpful, who are very kindly helping me on the way to debt and penury. Of the twelve productions accepted by the Festival for this year's Next Link Series, it's likely that only one will ever go on to turn a profit. Yes, the odds are stacked against us. But we all plow on anyway, like clueless graduate students!

Still, there is a difference. And I remembered it today after the first Above Hell's Kitchen full production meeting. At least we go into bankruptcy having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment